Jambo my people!
Today is the fourth day of the challenge and I’m so excited. I’m getting more and more psyched up with each passing day and feeling hopeful about finishing the challenge.In case you want to join in, check out the rules here. But enough about that, today’s challenge is…
Write about someone who inspires you.
I have thought long and hard about this and still couldn’t get a single answer. I don’t rely on people to inspire me, I rely on God as my sole inspiration. There are people I look up to for one reason or other so I’ll just list them.
1. My parents. They have worked super hard to get to where they are and have encouraged me to work even harder. And the fact that they’ve been married for 32 years, that’s pretty awesome :-D.
2. My pastors: A, S and K. Their level of humility and submission to God’s will is something I long to have one day. Working on it. I also like the fact that they are super approachable, they don’t have a ‘holier than thou’ attitude and they remember people.
3. Myles Munroe. Even though his racist teacher told him he would never succeed, he purposely worked harder and relied on God and he managed to prove the teacher wrong, by having a lot more degrees than he did.
4. My close friends: Ciiru and Fred. I have watched them go through major ups and downs and still they get up, shake off the dust and keep it moving. There are people I trust for advice, because they take their own advice as well.
5. The Bible Characters: David and Joseph. David because even though he was King and he sinned, he still humbled himself before God to ask for forgiveness. That’s not always easy to do so I respect that and the fact that He had such a close and personal relationship with God. Joseph because he had visions of his future that led his brothers to sell him as a slave and he still forgave them and welcomed them to stay with him. Forgiveness is not easy, especially when it’s someone close to you because that hurts the most.
To be inspired is great, to inspire is incredible.